- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers
- 6 cups butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, for garnish
- pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- snipped fresh sage, for garnish
- coconut cream, for garnish
- pomegranate arils, for garnish
- chopped apples, for garnish
- cinnamon, for garnish
- cranberry relish, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 450° F. Toss the peppers in oil and roast for 20 minutes. Once cooled, remove the stems and seeds.
In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add broth, peppers, onion, squash, apple, sage and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the squash and apples are tender.
Purée the soup in batches with the coconut milk by using a blender. Return the soup to the slow cooker and adjust seasonings as desired then turn on low to keep warm.
Garnish with any of your favorite toppings and serve warm.