- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers
- 6 cups butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, for garnish
- pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- snipped fresh sage, for garnish
- coconut cream, for garnish
- pomegranate arils, for garnish
- chopped apples, for garnish
- cinnamon, for garnish
- cranberry relish, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 450° F. Toss the peppers in oil and roast for 20 minutes. Once cooled, remove the stems and seeds.
In a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add broth, peppers, onion, squash, apple, sage and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until the squash and apples are tender.
Purée the soup in batches with the coconut milk by using a blender. Return the soup to the slow cooker and adjust seasonings as desired then turn on low to keep warm.
Garnish with any of your favorite toppings and serve warm.
Created by: Laura Ashley Johnson
Write a Review
Family Healthy Holiday Lunch Meal Mini Sweet Peppers Vegetarian