- For the Sweet Pepper Salad:
- 1lb Pure Flavor® Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers, diced
- ¼ cup Pure Flavor®Juno® Bites Red Grape Tomatoes ,sliced
- 4 large fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 4-6 cups spring salad mix
- 2 tbsp cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- For the Dressing:
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, canned (can be found in the Latin foods aisle)
- 1 lime zested, plus half of lime juiced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat for 10–15 minutes and prepare the chipotle buttermilk ranch.
Combine all ingredients listed for the dressing in a blender and pulse 5–10 times until smooth consistency. Place the dressing in the fridge until ready to serve.
Add sweet peppers, onions, and jalapenos to a large bowl. Drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then, grill vegetables over medium high heat for 7–10 minutes each side, let them cool.
Build the salad on the serving platter. Lay a bed of lettuce, add grilled vegetables, sliced avocado, cotija cheese, fresh cilantro, and lime wedges.
Serve the dressing on the side of the salad with your preferred choice of meat (optional).
Recipe created by Amber Cardosi
Write a Review
Aurora Bites Mini Sweet Peppers Beef Comfort Food Dinner Lunch mini peppers Mini Sweet Peppers Nut Free Pepper Recipe Pepper Recipes Salad