- 1 Pure Flavor® Alonna™ Canary Melon
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 2 packages oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To make dressing, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-low heat in a small skillet. Stir in the garlic, ginger, anchovy fillets, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute or until the anchovies are dissolved.
Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl. Cool slightly, then add cilantro, vinegar, and the remaining olive oil.
Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice from one half into the dressing, whisking to combine. Set aside.
Halve melon and scoop out the seeds. Cut into quarters, remove the rind, and thinly slice.
Toss melon and half of the dressing to coat in a large bowl.
Add avocados, onion, cilantro, and remaining dressing & toss gently.
Transfer to a serving platter and squeeze the remaining lime juice on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.