Channel the inner chef in you and get cooking with the Craft House Collection® of products. Hear from our friends Double the Spoonfuls @doublethespoonfuls for a delicious recipe that will spice up your next Taco Tuesday!
These spicy chicken fajitas have the most delicious seasoning with a kick, perfectly grilled Aurora Long Sweet Peppers, and can be topped with your favorite fajita fixings!
There’s nothing more satisfying than a fajita dinner with all the best fillings and toppings! These fajitas have chicken with a classic taco seasoning with a cayenne kick, some onions, and the most delicious grilled Aurora Long Sweet Peppers from Pure Flavor®!
These peppers have the best texture, hold up great once grilled, and get the perfect char! We love cutting the peppers into thin long strips, ensuring each fajita bite has the ideal sweet pepper addition. These peppers have the best flavor, and you must try them!
3 Reasons You’ll Love These Fajitas
- They’re so delicious but also quick! These fajitas are ready in just 40 minutes for a perfect weeknight easy dinner.
- They have the perfect spice level. The spicy chicken pairs so well with the sweet peppers, and a little sour cream or avocado on top makes for the best combination.
- They’re great for serving a group. Fajitas are such a fun option for sharing between family or friends, and this recipe could easily be doubled to serve a larger group!
This recipe uses a simple list of fresh, satisfying, and nutritious ingredients!
- Aurora Long Sweet Peppers – These sweet peppers from Pure Flavor® are perfect for grilling, have the best slightly sweet flavor, and are the prettiest bright colors!
- Chicken breasts – Cut into long strips, making it perfect for adding to a tortilla.
- Olive oil – For coating the chicken with spices and cooking the chicken and onion.
- Chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano – The usual taco seasoning suspects!
- Cayenne and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper – With ½ a teaspoon of cayenne and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper, the chicken has a kick that’s the perfect heat!
- Lime juice – also helps the spices coat the chicken and adds brightness and zest.
- Onion – Pairs great with the chicken and peppers.
- Tortillas – Whichever kind you like best!
- Sour cream, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and salsa – For topping the fajitas, you can use any other toppings that are your favorite!
Tips for Making These Spicy Chicken Fajitas with Grilled Peppers
- While it may seem like a high quantity of spices, they ensure that the chicken will be perfectly seasoned and blackened, so don’t be shy!
- I recommend using the Aurora Long Sweet Peppers as they have the perfect flavor to pair with the chicken, and the long strips work great in the fajitas.
- For this recipe, I like to slice the onion thinly, but not as thin as I would for other recipes, as I think the bite from the onion is perfect in the fajita!
We love using the Aurora Long Sweet Peppers in these fajitas because of their sweetness, and the long strips are perfect with the chicken and onions! If you want a less spicy dish you can easily leave out the cayenne pepper. We recommend using a cast iron skillet for searing the chicken at a high heat so that the spices blacken and the chicken gets a perfect char!
~ Jackie & Samantha