If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth without filling your body with processed foods, choose ever-so-sweet, fresh greenhouse grown fruits! They are naturally sweet, fat-free, and high in nutrients. The consistent quality and availability of North America’s first greenhouse grown melons make them an ideal option when you are craving something sweet! Not only are they delicious, but they replenish your body with metabolism-boosting nutrition rather than empty calories that can be found in other desserts.
Specialty melons just don’t add sweetness to your diet, they also offer great health benefits such as boosting your mood, strengthening your immune system, and promoting overall good digestive health just to name a few. They are an easy way to enjoy the sweet natural flavors while reaping the benefits of fueling your body with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Our melons are slow-digesting carbohydrates that provide 11% of your daily fiber requirements; fiber helps keep you full and slows the release of the fruit’s sugar into your bloodstream, preventing cravings & blood-sugar spikes
- Take advantage of the melons’ juicy flavors and high-water content; melons contain 10% of your daily potassium requirement, making them an excellent source of electrolytes
- Given their high fiber and water content; melons also promote a healthy gut by preventing constipation and promoting regular bowel movements
- There’s more to the “smiling wedge” than meets the eye – the Solara™ Mini Melon and the Alonna™ Canary Melon both contain moderate levels of B-Complex Vitamins, which boost serotonin, our “happy hormone”; although serotonin is commonly associated with the brain, the majority of this neurotransmitter is produced in our digestive tract
- Super sweet and low in carbohydrates! These melons are perfect to indulge in whether eaten fresh or used for baking; they are keto-friendly, safe for diabetics, gluten-free, and of course plant-based
CREATE MELON TREATS –
Solara™ Mini Melons and Alonna™ Canary Melons can be eaten as-is or combined with other flavors to make even more impressive treats and snacks. Fresh is best, but these melons are excellent when used in baking and cooking. Here are some delicious and healthy fruit desserts that you can enjoy at any time of day or night to satisfy your sweet tooth.
SUNSHINE MELON CRISP
This Sunshine Melon Crisp made with sweet Alonna™ Canary Melon wedges is a tasty treat that is ready in under 15 minutes! Simply slice, bake, and top with a rich mascarpone cheese mixture and spiced crisp topping. It makes for a delicious breakfast, afternoon snack, or light after-dinner dessert.
LEMON YOGURT DIP WITH MELON
The perfect snack for all ages, Lemon Yogurt Dip with Melon pairs fresh Solara™ Mini Melon slices with a refreshing lemon poppy seed Greek yogurt dip that is garnished with cherries. Ready in 10 minutes, this snack is a delightful way to fuel your body with electrolytes and protein to keep you energized and full.
MELON CRANBERRY PIE
Enjoy a lower-sugar alternative to a traditional pie. This delicious Melon Cranberry Pie is made with sweet AlonnaTM Canary Melon and tart cranberries. It is a balanced dessert option topped with walnuts, cinnamon, and oats for extra crunch.
MELON CHIA PUDDING
This dairy-free Melon Chia Pudding is ideal for a healthy dessert or it makes for an extra special breakfast option! Chia seeds are a great substitute for oatmeal because they are low in carbs but high in protein and heart-healthy fats. The perfect dessert to meal prep for a week of healthy sweets.
INDULGE IN FRESH SWEETS ANY TIME OF THE YEAR
There are numerous advantages to curbing those sweet cravings with fresh fruit, such as our new greenhouse grown melons. Not only are they nutrient-dense, a great source of fiber, and a natural electrolyte, but they also contain essential vitamins to improve your mood and keep your body fueled with natural sweetness. Because they are greenhouse grown in an ideal setting, you can expect the same quality and consistency of flavor every time you slice into them. That means even in the midst of winter, you can count on Solara™ Mini Melons and Alonna™ Canary Melons to satisfy your sweet tooth while still providing the nutrients your body needs to perform at its best. These melons are crisp, refreshing, and oh-so-smooth, creating a mixture of fresh flavors that can be enjoyed at any meal or snacktime – the possibilities for flavor combinations are endless. So, the next time you are wondering what to serve for dessert, make sure to consider how melons can provide a healthy yet satisfying treat.
Craving something sweet? Click to explore more melon recipes!
For more healthy snacking advice and tasty recipes, make sure to sign up for Pure Flavor’s® monthly newsletter.