- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Mini Cucumbers, sliced
- 1 ¼ cups light coconut milk, divided
- 3 tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 tbsp ground fresh chile paste
- 3 ¾ pounds skinless, chicken breasts
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 large carrots, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 5 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz uncooked wide brown rice noodles
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- ¼ cup loosely packed purple cabbage, shredded
Place ¾ cup of coconut milk, lemongrass, chili paste, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal, mix, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Place stock, garlic, onions, carrots, and ginger in a large pot. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Arrange chicken on top of onion mixture. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and shred chicken into bite-size pieces.
Combine strained stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, and remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until combined. Remove from heat.
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Divide noodles evenly among 6 bowls. Top with chicken, cucumber slices, cilantro, peanuts, shredded cabbage and green onions.
Write a Review
Asian Asian Cuisine Comfort Food Cucumber Recipes Cucumbers Dinner Dinner Ideas Dinner Recipes Entrée Family Fusion Healthy Healthy Dinner Ideas Healthy Recipe Healthy Recipes Hearty Lunch Lunch Ideas Meal Mini Cucumbers Noodles Plant Based Meals Savory Simple Dinners