- For the Gyros
- 2 Pure Flavor® Tomatoes on-the-Vine
- 2 cups shredded leftover roast beef (or any meat of choice)
- 8 pita wraps
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 Pure Flavor® Mini Cucumbers
- 2 cups Greek or whole milk plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
To make the tzatziki sauce, grate cucumber with a box grater and gently squeeze out excess water using your hands or a strainer.
Add grated cucumber, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint, and salt to a bowl. Stir well to combine.
Next, assemble the gyros. Choose any leftover cooked or grilled meat, like roast beef. Reheat if desired.
Add meat, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, and olives. Top with plenty of tzatziki sauce.
Serve with oven fries.
Recipe by Mary Harp of Healthy Christian Home.
Write a Review
Beef Comfort Food Cucumber Recipes Cucumbers Dinner Dinner Recipes Easy Dinner Ideas Easy Meal Ideas Entrée Fast Greek Cuisine Grill Grilling Healthy Healthy Dinner Ideas Hearty Lunch Main Courses Meal Meat Mini Cucumbers Nut Free Plant Based Meals Protein Quick Savory Simple Dinners Tomatoes Tomatoes on-the-Vine Under 30 | Recipes Under 30 Minutes