- For the pickled cucumber
- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Uno Bites™ Nano Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chilli powder, to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- For the sandwich
- 12 oz cooked sushi rice
- 4 sushi nori seaweed sheets
- 1 pack hot smoked salmon flakes (optional)
- 1 small avocado, stoned and thinly sliced
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce or kale
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- soy sauce, for dipping (optional)
To make the pickled cucumber, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Lay a nori sheet rough side up on a piece of clingfilm. Wet fingers to prevent sticking and position a quarter of the cooked rice in the centre. Shape it into a square with the flat sides facing the corners of the nori sheet. Season with a pinch of salt.
Position half the salmon, avocado, sliced radishes, lettuce and a spoonful of the cucumber pickle on top of the rice. Put another quarter of the rice on top. Season with a small pinch of salt.
Wet fingers and fold the corners of the nori sheet into the centre to create a square shape. Wrap in clingfilm and gently press down. Set aside for 5 mins for the nori sheet to soften. Repeat with the second parcel.
To serve, slice through the centre of the nori with a wet sharp knife. Remove the clingfilm and serve immediately.