- 6 Pure Flavor® Sweet Bell Peppers, tops removed
- 2 Pure Flavor® Beefsteak Tomatoes, diced
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 16 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 22 fl oz jar passata
- 1 cup shredded marble cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1.25 oz chili seasoning packet
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, mushrooms and onion. Cook for about 10 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pot and set aside.
In the same pot, add ground beef and cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes until browned. Add cooked vegetables back into the pot with tomatoes, garlic, beans, seasonings passata, water and salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400º F. Fill each pepper with chili to the top. Top with shredded cheese. Bake covered for 15 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes before removing from the oven. Serve immediately.