- For the salad:
- 1 Pure Flavor® Red Sweet Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Pure Flavor® Orange Sweet Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Pure Flavor® Yellow Sweet Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint Pure Flavor® Uno Bites™ Nano Cucumbers, halved at a diagonal
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 8 oz mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 3 oz prosciutto or bacon, chopped
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- For the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add prosciutto or bacon. Stir and cook until crispy, then remove from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate. Put the skillet back on the stove and add oil and bread cubes. Cook until lightly toasted on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes, then remove from the pan into a bowl and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, onion, basil, mozzarella, prosciutto, and bread cubes. Toss to combine.
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a jar and shake until well emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad before serving and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.