- 2 pints Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley and Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided, plus more for serving
- 6 oz of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly grounded pepper, to taste
- Reduced balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 8 slices bread (large) cut into 3/8 inch slices, or 16 slices sliced thinner, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat over to 300°. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle 3 tbsp. of olive oil over tomatoes and season with oregano and salt and pepper. Bake until they are very soft and skins begin to burst, about 1 hour.
Combine feta, cream cheese, 3 tbsp. of olive oil and grated garlic clove with a 1/8 tsp. black pepper in bowl of food processor, mix until smooth. Divide cheese mixture among the crostini and top with roasted tomatoes. As feta can be salty, you can adjust the flavor with a drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Top with toasted pine nuts divided among crostini.
For reduced balsamic, put one cup of balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and cook over medium/medium low heat until it reduces and becomes syrupy. Allow to cool, reserve any extra for another use.