- 1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Cloud 9® Bite-Sized Fruity Tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz package fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ cup mushroom or vegetable broth, divided
- ½ cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the rice and toast for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Pour in white wine and cook until the wine is almost absorbed. Add 2/3 cup of broth and tomatoes, cook on low until broth is almost absorbed, stirring often. Add remaining broth as it thickens and cook until risotto is al dente, about 15 minutes. Finally, stir in coconut milk with salt and pepper to taste.
While the risotto cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a separate pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Garnish risotto with fried mushrooms, parmesan and parsley before serving.