- 9 Pure Flavor® sweet bell peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 4 lb beef brisket, trimmed and sliced into small cubes
- 3 large dried chipotle peppers
- 2 red onions
- 10 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 3-4 fresh chillies
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 16 Large Pure Flavor® Red Beefsteak Tomatoes
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 lb dried pigeon pea beans, or mixed beans
- 2 dry pints Pure Flavor® Azuca Red Cherry Tomatoes
Soak beans overnight. With the oven at 200°F on convection mode, dehydrate halved Azuca, red cherry tomatoes for 24 hours.
Peel and dice the onions, and peel and finely slice the garlic. Deseed and slice the peppers.
Heat oil in your largest pot pan on a low heat, add the garam masala, paprika, thyme, bay leaves, and onions. Fry for 10 minutes, until the onions have softened.
Slice up the dehydrate chillies and add them into the onion mixture along with the cinnamon sticks, sliced garlic, a good pinch of sea salt, and black pepper.
Stir, then add the beefsteak tomatoes and the sugar. Add the brisket, beans, and cover with a lid and simmer for 3 hours.
Stir occasionally - once you've done this, add the sliced peppers and dehydrated tomatoes.
Season to taste.
Substitute the brisket for Pure Flavor® baby eggplant for a hearty vegetarian version of this delicious chili!