- 1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 rectangular shaped sheet of butter puff pastry
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp pasta sauce of your preference
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread tomatoes over a paper towel and line them up. Set aside for 5 minutes, then turn and leave for another 5 minutes.
Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle.
Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
Add chopped basil, pasta sauce, olive oil, crushed garlic clove, salt and pepper into a bowl. Stir together until combined mixture.
Apply the mixture into the pastry sheet, add tomato slices and cheese slices. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
Remove tart from baking sheet and let it cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle additional basil. Serve hot or at room temperature.