- 12 oz Pure Flavor® RedRoyals® Cherry Tomatoes on-the-Vine
- 1 ½ lbs beef stew meat
- 2 tbsp ghee or high heat oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning (or plain)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp white pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb potatoes, chopped into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
Heat 1 tbsp high heat oil in the Instant Pot on sauté mode. Add stew meat and season with salt and pepper. Brown meat for about 4 minutes, then remove meat from Instant Pot and set aside.
Add another tbsp high heat oil and add onions, carrots and celery. Sauté for 3 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
Add broth, canned tomatoes, stew meat, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce and spices to the Instant Pot. Set the Manual high pressure for 20 minutes. When timer goes off, quick release pressure and open the lid after pin drops down.
Stir in frozen mixed vegetables and cherry on-the-vine tomatoes and lock the lid back in place. Set Instant Pot to Manual high pressure for an additional 3 minutes. Once timer goes off, quick release pressure and open the lid after pin drops down. If you want your meat more tender, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 20 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp high heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add beef stew meat and sauté about 4 minutes, until starting to brown. Remove from pot and set aside.
Add an additional 1 tbsp oil to pot. Sauté onions, carrots, and celery for 3 minutes, then add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
To pot, add in broth, tomatoes, stew meat, Worcestershire sauce, herbs/spices, and salt & pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover pot with lid and simmer for 30 minutes, checking once or twice to stir.
Add potatoes and continue to simmer, covered, for 20 minutes until soft.
Stir in mixed frozen vegetables and cherry on-the-vine tomatoes. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and shredded cheese, if desired.