- 2 dry pints Pure Flavor® Sangria® Medley Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red Pure Flavor® Sweet Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 orange Pure Flavor® Sweet Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 yellow Pure Flavor® Sweet Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ cup peas
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 + 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of saffron
- Paprika, to taste
- Turmeric, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium-high. In a bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp to heated pan and cook until they start to turn pink. Set shrimp aside, reserving any liquid from cooking.
In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, add garlic and sauté until it becomes fragrant and golden brown. Add onions and cook until they become translucent. Add half the tomatoes and continue to cook until the tomatoes become soft. Add rice and mix all the ingredients in the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Add salt, paprika, saffron, and turmeric. Cover and cook until the rice is almost done, about 10 minutes.
Add the shrimp and the liquid from cooking the shrimp, the rest of the tomatoes, peas, and peppers. Cover and cook for 4 more minutes on low. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.