- 2 dry pints Pure Flavor® Cloud 9® Bite-Sized Fruity Tomatoes, cut into halves
- 7 oz ground beef
- 16 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 8 mozzarella balls
- 7 oz tomato passata
- 3 shallots, cut into thin cubes
- 3 oz carrots, cut into thin cubes
- 3 oz celery, cut into thin cubes
- ¾ cup broth of choice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp raw cane sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan or skillet and cook beef for 5 minutes. Add shallots, carrots and celery and cook until the onions are translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the broth, tomato paste, tomatoes and stir until combined. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and sugar to taste and simmer for 15-20 minutes over medium heat until the sauce is well thickened.
Add spaghetti to the sauce and mix. Twirl spaghetti into nests on a serving dish and add the mozzarella balls, garnish with fresh basil.