- 2 Pure Flavor® Red Beefsteak Tomatoes, cubed
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- 10 oz mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp basil, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Add tomatoes to a bowl along with chopped onion and garlic.
Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly and pour over the tomatoes.
Cover and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 6 hours longer if kept in the refrigerator. Bring chilled tomatoes to room temperature before serving. Garnish generously with mozzarella and additional chopped fresh herbs as desired.
Serve marinated tomatoes with fresh Italian bread.