- 1 lb Pure Flavor® Tomatoes on-the-Vine, sliced
- 1.5 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns
- ¼ cup pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
In a large bowl, combine ground beef and garlic powder. Shape meat into 4 large hamburger patties and season with salt and pepper.
Slice tomatoes, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill hamburgers on medium-high heat for 15 minutes, turning once after 7-8 minutes.
Add sliced tomatoes to grill, cook until they begin to soften and there are grill marks, about 7 minutes.
Place hamburger patties on buns and top each patty with cheese, pesto, red onion slices and grilled tomatoes.